Saturday, 19 April 2014

Stamp carving - another first.

I think this post is more about what not to do than a how-to, my first stamp carve and as usual I wanted to run before I could walk.

My friend Magda and indeed all the tutorials I read recommended to start with easy geometric shapes but I wanted a face stamp to use in my journals.


With that in mind I set out to carve out my face and although carving the rubber was easy, I'd chosen to create outlines only which proved to be quite fiddly to get right. I ended up having to spend a lot of time carving out the rubber I didn't want to get a nice print.

I love what I'm left with and although she's not perfect, she does exactly as I wanted her to do.


I carved out a word too and now I'm totally hooked.

To see how I did it go to the blog of A Sprinkle of Imagination for more pictures.

Happy Easter weekend.

Jaine x

1 comment:

Kate said...

It's wonderful Jaine. I am in awe of your talent