Monday, 31 March 2014

Mixed media Sunday

 This weekend the weather has been glorious (I'm not going to shout it out as I know it could all change) so a lot of time was spent outside trying to tidy the garden and outside of the house ready for BBQ season.

Anyway, with my knees and back aching I spent yesterday evening playing in my basement workshop and just threw together a journal page using what was on my desk.


The background was a piece left over from a Craft Stamper project featuring glue and salt and the other pieces were in my bits box too. The sewing machine was out already after turning up a pair of jeans and the ink and paintbrush were out on my desk from the layout I created for Sarah Hurley. 

I'd been playing with some sticky clear ink jet printable label sheets and had a piece left on my desk and this is where I'll admit to opening the cupboard and getting out the little boat stamp from Susan Weckesser. 

It's a great exercise and pushes you to just do it instead of spending ages thinking too hard and staring at a blank page. I might spend every Sunday doing this.

Have a good week

Jaine x

1 comment:

Claireliz said...

Love this Jaine, the vibrant colours are fabby!
C xx