Wednesday, 21 March 2012

Blog hop with My Stamp Box and Faber Castell.

Welcome to the Faber-Castell and myStamp BOX Partner Blog Hop!

If you just found our event, please begin your journey on the Faber-Castell blog . Many of our wonderful designers are joining us today to show off some inspirational creativity. See how well Faber-Castell and myStamp BOX products work together!

START AT: Faber-Castell
Marsha Valk
Linda Abadie
Jaine Drake You are HERE
Janet Zeppa
Els Brigé
Rita Barakat
Jennifer Mattot
Mou Saha
Jolene Johnston
Isolde Pyncket
Agata Pfister
Jill Hildebrand
END HERE: myStamp BOX Blog

We are giving away some amazing product from both participating companies. All you have to do is COMMENT on all designer blogs along your journey to WIN. Our three blog hop winners will be drawn from all participants, so be sure to leave comments by Sunday March 25th at 6pm EST. We will announce the winners on the myStamp BOX blog and Faber-Castell blog on Monday, March 26th. Good Luck!

Here is what I made using products from Faber-Castell and myStamp BOX:
















When I knew we were going to be partnering Faber Castell this time I was very excited, especially as I knew we were being sent a Mixed Media kit to play with.  I just fell in love straight away with the Big Brush which was in the kit and had to order myself a set of them.  They're so chunky and juicy and brilliant for inking up stamps, which I've done here.  I found that even though they're pigment ink and dry pretty quickly, on a gesso surface they take a bit longer which is perfect for using a baby wipe or cotton bud (or finger if you don't mind getting messy) to blend the colours together or soften the edges.  It doesn't work on the watercolour paper though as the ink dries pretty fast. 
My background here was made first by laying down some colour with the watercolour pencil and using a big wet brush to blend the colour out, then I shaved some of the end from the pencil onto the wet paper to create the speckled effect. The big red heart is coloured with the Big Brush Pitt pen using the baby wipe blending out method (I gessoed the heart first).  The house from the Lovely Houses set was stamped onto text paper by inking with the Big Brush pen first and coloured with the same pens.
The only other thing I used on the page was a soft pencil but everything else is Faber Castell and My Stamp Box.
I was really really hoping to be able to create a page using the Gelato's as I fell totally for that too.  Sadly they're not available here in Europe yet so I had to order a set from the US which just didnt turn up in time for the hop but when they do arrive I'll be diving in there and trying them out, don't you worry.
Now it’s time to HOP along and find out what the next talented designer has created. Your next designer is Janet.  Don’t forget to leave a comment below for a chance to WIN one of our THREE product giveaways!

38 comments:

Lillian Child said...

Love your card, Jaine! That sentiment is SO sweet, and the little house is PERFECT on your page. I don't have the big brush pens in my stash yet, but after seeing the vibrant color results on your page, they are now on my shopping list! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a great project! I love that sentiment too, so true. Love the beautiful backgrounds you can create with the Faber Castell stuff, perfect backdrop for your stamps!

Becky Dunham said...

This is so amazing Jaine! I love the way you created the background and the speckles. I have not done a lot with mixed media, but I am sure willing to try. Thanks for the great inspiration!

St. Heather said...

I agree that your sentiment is wonderful... something everyone should have up in their home!

Ashley Rock said...

Nice project, I love the title you used!

Agata said...

Beautiful art, Jaine! Looking forward to you using gelatos! :)

AmyJ said...

Beautiful. I love the colors. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Bethany Becker said...

Wonderful project. I love the sentiment and the colors.

howo34 said...

Loved your project its very cute!

Helen said...

I love this, and now I know I NEED those big brush pens!

Janet Zeppa said...

Your project is adorable!!

abbie's purple lily said...

Love this. The big brush markers are on my wish list!

mmpm88 said...

I really love your card. I love the big brush markers too. I need to try your technique. Thank You!

Claire said...

Super adorable! I love your technique.

Barbara Moore said...

So cute! Definitely ready for Spring!

Melody said...

I haven't seen the big brush markers used yet. Nice card.

sharon g said...

How cute. I'd love to make that.

Isha said...

Lovely card. TFS your creativity.

B. Poteraj said...

Great project. I like the arrows for some reason. The colors are great, and the sentiment!

Natasha G.P. said...

That is so well done. I like your style. And the products!!!

Sue D said...

Great project--I like the techniques you used.

Marie / Legojenta said...

Such a nice sentiment! TFS =)

Michãel said...

Thanks for the tips and chance to win. Love the incredible colors you get!

Momma Roberts said...

Thanks for the step-by-step instructions. I can't wait to give this a try!

Momma Roberts said...

Thanks for the step-by-step instructions. I can't wait to give this a try!

Celeste B. said...

What a fun project. The Big Brush sounds like a great thing to have.

purplemel said...

Love this project makes you feel warm and fuzzy TFS
purplemel2@yahoo.ca

Maureen said...

Love the colors. Good job

Colleen said...

Love your project :)

Tracey said...

Love the bright colors !

Tracey said...

Love the bright colors !

Jeyatha said...

Love it.. Beautiful work..

Dorina D said...

Awesome..........great project. Love what you did and so excited to see who the BIg Brush pens work. Really, really want to try those. Thanks for sharing and the great tips.

Nicole Doiron said...

Lovely book cover! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

charmedtiles said...

Awesome! Thanks for the tips :)

lisa noonan said...

Love the colors! Such a great idea!

Helen P said...

This is a great hop!

Coleen said...

Jaineee, I know your blog hop is over, but I'm just stopping by to check in and wanted to say what a cute job you did with those Pitt pens and the stamp. Go rock, girl.

Blessings, Coleen