Monday, 20 February 2012

Carnaval is here.























Carnaval, Mardi Gras call it what you like, it all adds up to a party in any language.  My Stamp Box today are celebrating with the Design Team and we've all taken the theme to our hearts. 

I used a plain papier maché mask and after putting gesso on it, I glued down lots of little squares of purple tissue paper.  I stamped and embossed in gold the circles from the Funky Circles stamp set by MSB, also onto some tissue squares and glued that down too, right on top.  I stamped and embossed a couple of butterflies by MSB and added liquid pearls, feathers and a gorgeous jewel on the top.  I love it.  You'll find lots of inspiration here to get you going this week what ever you're up to.

Here's a closer look at my mask:





















2 comments:

marsha. said...

Now we can go to a bal masque together :-D! Love your take, the pink and gold and the use of tissuepaper is so clever!

Melly said...

This is amazing honey! So bright and gorjuss and just utterly lovely!
What a fab idea with the tissue paper and very elegant with the gold!
Hugs M xxx